Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mustang Boy.

I am often surprised at how much thought and effort a gentleman will take in creating a romantic or cute scenario to make the ladies swoon. I guess I always imagined in my brain that these moments are 100% random, with dramatic music, perfect sunsets and love bubbling over that these things just happen with absolutely no effort! But unfortunately I, as well as all of you, don't live in The Notebook.


This is great. Really great. But how could everything be cued perfectly? The rain... the boat... topic of conversation ("I wrote you 365 letters.")... time of day... in a cute row boat... having the stunning Rachel McAdams at your fingertips...




I mean... let's get real. 



I hate to break it to you ladies, but Ryan Gosling, in all of his glory and Abercrombie abs, did not stumble upon this wondrous moment (you all know what moment I'm talking about) by happenstance. 

It was planned. And for Ryan, it wasn't even planned by him. He can pay people to create these moments for him. Or, he gets casts in a movie where the director does all of the planning. 

Anyways. What I'm trying to get at is that boys have to plan these cute scenarios.  Sometimes they turn out perfectly. Sometimes it's a disaster. Sometimes it's creepy. And sometimes it's so cheesy that it's cute. So we have to give credit, where credit is due. These men are trying! 

So let me give out some credit:

This one time I kissed a boy (well he kissed me). And as I walked him out to his car, he asked me a question. 

"Have you ever kissed someone on a Mustang?"

Indeed, I had not. 


But now I have. 



My family told me that if I ever married this boy that they would never let him live his 'manly moment' down. 

Lucky for him, he just married someone else. 

                               But I get to keep this awesome story to tell to my children.


So thank you, Mustang Boy, for preconceived notions that were so perfectly thought out. 



(Not to brag or anything, but yes, I did kiss a boy on the hood of this beauty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment