Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I feel like loving innocent, giddy love.

He called me on a Sunday night, and told me he was picking me up in 10 minutes. I got in his pick up truck and he started to drive up the mountain. We went to the look out spot that had a panoramic view of the whole valley. This look out was known by everyone in my town as "Make Out Point", but I think in all of high school I had ever only followed those rules once. 

Once we arrived to the abandoned parking lot. We parked facing the view, and he kept the keys in the ignition with the lights on. A new burnt CD was playing with songs that we now look back on with fond memories.  

"Okay, put the CD to Track 7 and turn up the volume as loud as it can go." He hopped out to the front of the car with a little bounce in his step. He knew that he was about to win some major kudos. 

I did as I was told. And THIS song came on:


(Turn up your speakers for full blog post effect)

I sat there for an awestruck second with a smile from ear to ear. We looked at each other and my eyes said, "You didn't just do that. You are too cute" and his said, "Oh, yes I did. Please come out of the car now."

I got out and walked up to him.  

Then, as the song commands, we danced in the moonlight. He dipped me. We laughed. I was oblivious to the other few people that were probably watching us-- they were just jealous. 

We had so much fun, that we danced for another three songs. 

I don't get giddy very often. But that night, I was. He brought it right out of me. And after 3 years we still talk about it. We both brag about it to our friends, too. 

That moment goes down in the books. 
It's a reminder that it's the little things that matter most, and that get me the most.
It's a reminder that love doesn't have to be extravagant or flashy. 
It reminds me to go back to what's important.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you commented on my blog. Because I am dying over how cute yours is...and how cute your personality is too! I LOVE it. I'm so excited to get to know you more. Thanks for being such an awesome girl!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!!! I absolutely love it; it's totally something you'd see in a movie.

    ReplyDelete